Electronic-Music Discussion Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Electronic-Music Discussion Board

A place where you can discuss new music and new artists. In particular Electronica, IDM, DnB, Techno, Electro , Hip-Hop and Dubstep.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Bassclef exclusive FACT mix

Go down 
AuthorMessage
A.i.

A.i.

Bassclef exclusive FACT mix Empty
PostSubject: Bassclef exclusive FACT mix   Bassclef exclusive FACT mix I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 5:25 pm

Bassclef exclusive FACT mix Factmix121-bass-clef

Exclusive FACT mix

The London-dwelling producer and live performer has earned himself a considerable cult following over the years, first turning heads with his distinctive 2006 debut LP, A Smile Is A Curve That Straightens Most Things – which combined influences from grime, dancehall, dubstep, with an all too rare dose of humour, heartbreak and humanity worked into the equation . The subsequent EPs, Hackney Centralist, Opera and Zamyatin Tapes Vols. 1 and 2, found him refining that mixture to increasingly potent effect, and February 15 sees the release of a new Bass Clef full-length, May The Bridges I Burn Light The Way, via the Blank Tapes label which has been his home since day one.

For his FACT mix, our man – real name Ralph Cumbers – has avoided the kind of British and Jamaican bass sounds that he’s invariably associated with, and chosen instead to showcase some of the African music which has been his private passion for years now. The results are incredible. All the tracks have been ripped from vinyl and specially edited, and it’s not hard to see how they’ve impacted on Cumbers’ productions in terms of mood, rhythm and character. See over the page for the mix’s tracklist and a few words with its maker.

Tracklist:
00:00 Segun Adewale ‘yo pop music’
04:09 Susan Mapfumo ‘dzvoko’
07:25 Zani Diabete ’super djata’
10:49 Fede Lawu ‘cherie coco’
13:48 Edikanfo ‘da da edikanfo’
17:00 Nyboma ‘double double’
19:05 Bibi Den’s Tshibayi ‘the best ambiance’
22:14 D.O. Misiani & Shirati Jazz ’sister mary lucy’
27:19 King Sunny Ade ’synchro feelings’
30:56 Chief Dr Sikuru Ayinde Barrister ‘fuji garbage series II’
37:41 King Sunny Ade ’sunny ti de ariya’
44:25 George Mukabi ‘bibi mama ngani mzuri’

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] (available for 3 weeks)

Word!
Back to top Go down

Bassclef exclusive FACT mix
Page 1 of 1